Do you have the understanding, drive, and alignment to out-execute Home Care Competitors?
Now your “dominant vector” has been identified and the correct structure is in place to ensure execution; however, you can not just go through the motions of execution to have operational excellence. Why? Going through the motions does not create a competitive advantage nor does it generate the true potential cash benefits. This is the third of six blog posts hiliting the five characteristics that facilitate operational excellence.
Creating Operational Excellence
There is a reason for the saying, “You can not see the forest for the trees.” You are in the trenches and cannot see the big picture of how the business is set to achieve the established goals, and how is the work organized and executed. This third characteristic is the most dynamic one to ensure operational excellence -
- Seek to out-execute competitors by simplifying, standardizing, and the eliminating waste, which includes wasted time. Emphasis needs to be on executing correct business processes to achieve significant and measurable performance improvements by improving flexibility, speed, quality, reliability, and customer value. Those companies that out-execute rivals –
- Understand what customers’ value and what customers are willing to pay.
- Drive asset productivity, using return on invested capital to guide value creation for the customer.
- Stress process excellence.
- Ensure close alignment of business strategy, goals, metrics/measurement, and initiatives. Remember you can not improve what you can not measure.
The focus of this series is that high performance businesses put a premium on operational excellence. The first installment in creating operational excellence was identifying your company’s “dominant vector. The second points out the need to establish a structure to that creates an advantage. The link for this is http://bit.ly/bsjKp8.
Ankota provides software to improve the delivery of care outside the hospital. Today Ankota services home health, private duty care, DME Delivery, RT, Physical Therapy and Home Infusion organizations, and is interested in helping to efficiently manage other forms of care. To learn more, please visit www.ankota.com or contact Ankota.