Ginny Kenyon has continued her 6 part series on starting a home care agency. We introduced the series in our post How to Start a Home Care Business: The Fundamentals that you can read here. Her third post focuses on a topic near and dear to our hearts, which is putting systems in place to streamline your operations. I'd encourage you to read Ginny's Full Post, but here are a few highlights to entice you:
- Put people you trust in decision-making positions
- Choose a solid software package
- Avoid unnecessary workarounds that make your staff less efficient
- The major benefits of your software need to be scheduling and ease of billing and payroll
- Put a collection process in place (focus on receivables to keep cash flow strong)
- Make your intake process very smooth to create the right first impression.
If you are starting an agency, we hope you'll take a look at Ankota's software. We'd be very interested in helping you meet your needs and growing with you. And in fact, since our set-up and training is very streamlined, we have some great solutions to help start-ups get off the ground without start-up fees.
Ankota provides software to improve the delivery of care outside the hospital. Today Ankota services home health, private duty care, DME Delivery, RT, Physical Therapy and Home Infusion organizations, and is interested in helping to efficiently manage other forms of care. To learn more, please visit www.ankota.com or contact Ankota