A great deal of Americans have been without jobs in the past few years. Home Care is coming to the rescue with the creation of 1.3 million jobs between 2010 and 2020. According to the article "Healthcare jobs will grow the fastest of all industries" by Karen Cheung in the February 3rd edition of FierceHealthcare, here are the highlights:
- 706,000 home health aide jobs will be created
- 607,000 personal care aide positions will be created
Other key predictions in the article include the following:
- 712,000 Registered Nurse positions will be created
- Overall 5.6 million healthcare jobs are expected to be created
As a home care business leader, these statistics are encouraging but also require some thinking and planning. What's your action plan around the following opportunities and concerns:
- Hiring and Retaining Top Talent: What are you doing to attract quality caregivers to your agency?
- Getting your share of the Growth: How do you differentiate your service in order to win more clients?
- Operational Efficiency: How strong are you at scheduling, billing, and payroll? Can you grow without adding back office staff?
The above topics are covered frequently in this blog, and helping with operational efficiency is what our home care software does. Let us know if we can help!
Ankota provides software to improve the delivery of care outside the hospital. Today Ankota services home health, private duty care, DME Delivery, RT, Physical Therapy and Home Infusion organizations, and is interested in helping to efficiently manage other forms of care. To learn more, please visit www.ankota.com or contact Ankota