The Home Care Software Geek posts in this blog don't talk about Home Care Nursing Software, Private Duty Telephony, DME Delivery Software, Home Infusion Care Management or the other topics we focus on regularly at Ankota. Instead, these posts are intended to keep our readers up to date with technology trends that might be useful to your agencies, such as social media technologies, mobile devices, and what's happening from the big-boys like Microsoft, Google and Apple.
As of May 20th 2012, Google Chrome has overtaken Internet Explorer to become the number 1 browser worldwide, surpassing long time competitor Internet Explorer. I for one have jumped on that bandwagon and generally use Chrome (although we also test Ankota on Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari). Let me explain why I like Chrome:
- It's faster than the others
- Sometimes I want to go to a site (like Ankota.com) and other times I want to search for somthing. With chrome, I can do either one just by typing in the address bar
- The bells and whistles, like saving passwords and translating from foreign languages are really easy to use
- When I type in Chrome (like now writing this blog post or composing email) it spell checks for me
- It works on my PC and on the Mac
- Since Google Chrome has become the leader, it might be worth a try (click on the chrome icon above to go to the download page), and
- It used to be that software vendors wrote their software only for Internet Explorer, and that made sense because it used to have almost all of the market (in 2004 it had 90% of the market and stayed over 70% through 2009). But for now, make sure that you get software that runs in other browsers...