It is said that no two snowflakes are alike. I'm starting to think that no two home care agency invoices are alike either...
When we first started Ankota and created the invoice for home care agencies, we had no idea how many variations our customers would want. Some of the variations that we've either implemented or have been asked for are as follows:
- Fit into a number 10 envelope with one or two windows (for address and possibly return address)
- Include home care agency information in the upper left or leave it blank so we can print on our letterhead or include our logo in the middle or the upper left (depending on whther it's just a logo or also has the address and phone numbers.
- Bill to the client, or to one or more payers
- When you bill to a payer other than the client put the client name on the right
- Create an ability for a note like a long term care insurance policy number
- Include the caregiver's name, or don't
- Include the visit times (maybe the exact ones or maybe the rounded ones) or don't include them at all
- Bill holiday rates for all visits that commenced on the holiday, or
- Bill holiday rates for hours worked on the holiday
- Provide one line per day with total hours and total price (e.g., if there where three different caregivers, total up all the hours and fees)
- Provide a tear-off slip with the outstanding balance