When looking at either a software or a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) application for your Home Care, Home Health Care, DME, Home Infusion, or Private Duty Agency security is an important consideration. Symantec’s State of the Cloud Survey 2011 came out this past Tuesday. This survey covered 5,300 IT and C-level professionals spanning 38 countries. With Symantec's focus on security, as you can image, the major emphasis of this survey was security. There were a number of interesting points:
- 75% to 81% of the respondents are “at least discussing all forms of Cloud.”
- Despite this interest fewer than 20% reported having “completed implementing in one of the cloud focused areas covered by this research, i.e., email service (management & security), security, security management, and Web and IM security
- 100% of the respondents said “cyber threats increased in the last year.”
- 84% of respondents are “confident that moving to the cloud will not impact or will actually improve security.”
The security benefits of SaaS technology, which are in the Cloud include:
- Data is backed up continuously throughout the day.
- Data is transmitted fully secure and encrypted.
- IT environment includes fire protection, climate control, and multiple Internet connections.
- HIPAA Compliance.
With security covered in a SaaS application for your Home Health Care or Home Care Firm, this should help leave you free to spend more time doing what you are need to do, build sales and run your business.