Manuals are important to the success and stability of homecare organizations. Without a place for policies and procedures, job requirements, and other necessary information, chaos will ensue in your agency. But creating and maintaining these documents takes time – and time equals money.
What’s a homecare manager to do? Consider purchasing customized homecare manuals. You’ll get everything you need, minus the headache.
Definition of a Customized Homecare Manual
What is a “customized homecare manual?” Exactly what it sounds like – a complete manual that can be modified to meet the needs of your organization based on location, legal requirements, and accreditation specifics. It’s your very own personalized manual, just waiting for you to take it and run!
Need for a Customized Homecare Manual
Still not convinced customized homecare manuals are right for your organization? Take a look at these 8 reasons that you should embrace the ready-made manual.
- Save time – This one’s listed first on purpose. What’s more valuable than time to an owner or manager? Nothing. Don’t waste it trying to reinvent the wheel doing something that’s already been done for you.
- Prevent errors, save money – It’s bound to happen when you go it alone: a staff member (or many) spends hours drafting the manuals you need. You spend mega bucks having it printed and bound. Then, you get it back…and guess what. There are mistakes that need to be corrected. That means more money. With a customized manual, you avoid this devastating scenario.
- Get professional quality – Even the most qualified homecare managers don’t have the experience needed to write a top-notch manual. Some things should just be left to the professionals.
- Take advantage of industry knowledge – On top of expertise with writing and creating manuals, using customized homecare manuals gives you the inside scoop on all things homecare. Accreditation guidelines – employment guidelines – state and federal requirements – your manuals must have accurate information.
- Remain in compliance with legal regulations – No matter how hard you try, it’s difficult to keep up with constantly-changing legal regulations in the home health industry. Customized manuals provide you with the benefit of up-to-the-minute legal information, which saves you from penalties and fines.
- Protect employee productivity – Your caregivers have more pressing things to do than work on manuals. Client care quality quickly falls by the wayside when employees devote their attention to non-care tasks. Don’t put that pressure on your staff; let them do what they’ve been trained to do.
- Effective policies and procedures – As much as we’d all like to think every employee is always perfect, that’s not the case. When human resources issues arise that must be dealt with, having a customized homecare manual gives you a reliable source to turn to. You never know; the right customized homecare manual could be the difference between an employee lawsuit and resolving problems internally.
- Improve client care – Everything you do is ultimately for your clients. You want to provide the best care possible and customized manuals allow you to do so more easily. By providing precise policies and procedures, your manuals are the backbone to superior client care.
The One-Stop Source for Customized Homecare Manuals
At Kenyon Home Care Consulting we have years of experience writing and editing homecare manuals. We’re experts on government regulations nationwide, and we know what works for agencies of various sizes who provide various types of homecare.
One single manual won’t suffice for every homecare organization. Kenyon Home Care Consulting offers different customizable manuals, including the following:
- Home Care Policy and Procedure Manual: Non-Skilled Home Care;
- Licensed Home Health Policy and Procedure Manual;
- Medicare Home Health Policy and Procedure Manual;
- Medicare Home Health Policy and Procedure Manual (California);
- Medicare Hospice Policy and Procedure Manual;
- Private Duty Home Health & Non-Skilled/Skilled Home Care Forms.
When you’re ready to stopping spinning your wheels with homecare manuals and get back to doing what you’re truly passionate about, give us a call.
This article entitled, "8 Customized Homecare Manual Benefits " first appeared in Kenyon HomeCare Consulting blog.
provides software to improve the delivery of care outside the hospital, focusing on efficiency and care coordination. Ankota's primary focus is on Care Transitions for Readmission avoidance and on management of Private Duty non-medical home care. To learn more, please visit www.ankota.com or contact us.
Your Comments :