One of the things we do on our blog is to talk about social media because we believe that the home care industry can benefit from sharing and learning through social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Blogs. Today's post came because I was looking at tweets (twitter messages) related to homecare and saw a tweet from @ageinplace (Amer. Companion Care) that referenced a blog article from Merrily Orsini (who is a guru in home care and how to market it, and also a friend who I haven't seen in a while but look forward to seeing at NPDA). I was able to read it, follow @ageinplace and share this story with you in a matter of a couple of minutes. Enjoy!
TOP 10 BEST PRACTICES IN HOME CARE
Published on www.merrilyorsini.com
Just found this, and am uncertain of the source, but it was from 2006 and still holds true today:
1. Only hire people you would trust in your own home, caring for your own parents.
2. Only ask people to do things that you would do yourself
3. Use a good scheduling software system that generates billing and payroll from the confirmed schedule.
4. Offer continuous learning to all staff.
5. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
6. Do not use an answering service. Use a remotely staffed employee so the client/referral source always has someone who can make a decision and staff or fix a problem immediately.
7. Always tell the truth to everyone, even if it hurts.
8. Ask for feedback from all staff on how the business could do things better.
9. Make changes in systems or people based on findings from staff from #8,
10. Have some fun when at all possible.
Enjoy and take these to heart for success.
Ankota provides software to improve the delivery of care outside the hospital. Today Ankota services home health, private duty care, DME Delivery, RT, Physical Therapy and Home Infusion organizations, and is interested in helping to efficiently manage other forms of care. To learn more, please visit www.ankota.com or contact Ankota
Your Comments :