The mark of a great movie is not only about how many tickets it sold, but also how memorable and "quotable" are the lines. Inspired by the new movie "Horrible Bosses", Forbes magazine came out with a piece called "35 Best Business Quotes from the Silver Screen" which you can access in its entirety here. We're pretty busy in home care so instead of 35, I bring you the 12 that I think are most relevant for home care entrepreneurs. Here goes:
- When you feel like you're at wits end, think about this gem from the 2002 film Catch Me If You Can - "Two little mice fell into a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned, but the second mouse, he struggled so hard that he eventually churned that cream into butter and he walked out. Amen."
- When you need to step up to a new challenge, from the 1996 film Big Night - "I am a businessperson. I am anything I need to be at any time." (the original quote was businessman - but we have a lot of woman at the top in home care so I revised it)
- For your home care sales team, from the 2000 movie The Boiler Room - "A sale is made on every call you make. Either you sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can't. Either way a sale is made, the only question is who is gonna close?"
- When sizing up your competition, here's one from the 1983 movie Scarface - "Don’t underestimate the other guy’s greed."
- Yoda sizes it up pretty well in the 1980 Film Star Wars Episode V - "Do or do not, there is no try."
- From the 2003 Film Finding Nemo - "Just keep swimming."
- When your on the brink of losing your cool and severing a relationship, here's one from the 1988 film Working Girl - "Never burn bridges. Today's junior prick, tomorrow's senior partner!"
- When it's time to get the deal done, remember the classic line from the 1972 film The Godfather - “I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.”
- Woman leaders can always step up in any business, as evidenced by this great Cameron Diaz quote from the 1999 football film Any Given Sunday - “No intensity, no victory.”
- For those of you starting new businesses, remember the 1989 film Field of Dreams - “If you build it, he will come.”
- If things aren't going well but you know you can straighten them out, here's a great line from the 1967 film Cool Hand Luke - “What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
- And finally, nothing can be more true in home care than this quote from the 1996 classic Jerry McGuire - “The key to this business is personal relationships.”
Note that the picture of Alec Baldwin at the top of this post isn't included in the twelve listed quotes (because the key quote "Always be Closing" is part of the visual). Do you know what movie it's from? If so leave a comment!
Ankota provides software to improve the delivery of care outside the hospital. Today Ankota services home health, private duty care, DME Delivery, RT, Physical Therapy and Home Infusion organizations, and is interested in helping to efficiently manage other forms of care. To learn more, please visit www.ankota.com or contact Ankota
Your Comments :