Brightree is a leading provider of software for DME (Durable Medical Equipment) Providers. Their software manages orders, billing, inventory management, and fulfillment for retail and home delivery DME companies and they have been a market share leader for the past several years.
Just like the home health industry, the DME industry has become subject to reduced reimbursement and related pressures under a measure called competitive bidding. While this would generally be construed as bad news, Dave Cormack, the president of Brightree, has published an article discribing the "silver lining" for DME providers.
- Dave explained that the number of successful DME providers is declining
- But at the same time, the demand is growing
- As a result of decreasing competition and increasing demand, the opportunity for the surviving companies is bright
- This is the "Silver Lining"
- The key to survival is efficiency