One key to successful growth in a home care business is to differentiate. We share other success factors in our free white paper, The 7 Habits of Highly Successful Home Care Agencies. In this blog, we often share success stories explaining how successful home care organizations differentiate their service. Today we talk about how you can differentiate by offering a care transition service.
Care Transitions Program Differentiates Home Care Company
But rather than making a case for this on my own, allow me to share a success story from the Florida based home health care company, Paradise Home Health Care with offices in Palm Beach and Broward County. Paradise offers a program called Transitions to Home Care with the following services:
- Licensed Nurse meets with discharge planner/social worker and receives orders on day of discharge
- Licensed Nurse will transport client home and do a safety check
- Orders for new RX's are dropped off and picked up by Licensed Nurse
- Licensed Nurse disposes of old or discontinued medications eliminating confusion
- Education of new and existing medication by the Licensed Nurse
- Medication set up weekly pill box by Licensed Nurse to prevent miss doses or overdose
- Refrigerator checked for expired food
Here's a case study from Paradise showing how their program benefited their client, family members, and their own company (who secured a home care engagement beyond the transition service):
Paradise describes the benefits of their Transitions to Home program, as follows:
- Reduces or eliminates readmissions to the hospital or emergency room
- Medication compliance through education and management
- Reinforces the recommended care plan through education of client and caregiver
- Ensures a safe discharge home which is comforting for family members in or out of state
- Ensures follow-up appointments are made with respective physicians
- Helps alleviate the client's anxiety of returning home.
If I needed care for my mom, I would choose Paradise as a result of this differentiated service.
Ankota provides software for home care and care transitions, and they work together seamlessly. We'd love to help you make your home care organization more efficient and help you to differentiate via care transitions.
Check out the following additional posts for home care entrepreneurs:
- 7 tips for Marketing Your Home Care Agency with Public Speaking
- 3 Reasong to Institute a Home Health Aide Training Program
- 5 Mistakes for Home Care Entrepreneurs to Avoid
Ankota provides software to improve the delivery of care outside the hospital, focusing on efficiency and care coordination. Ankota's primary focus is on Care Transitions for Reeadmisison avoidance and on management of Private Duty non-medical home care. To learn more, please visit www.ankota.com or contact Ankota.
Your Comments :