Coronavirus Resources for Home Care & Hospice from NAHC
At the National Association for Home Care & Hospice we are concerned about COVID-19, also known as the Coronavirus, and how it will impact our members and their patients. Since much is still unknown, we have developed this page to serve as a resource to our members and visitors from the home health and hospice community. This page will continue to be updated as more information is made available
- Information for Healthcare Professionals
- Interim Guidance for Public Health Personnel Evaluating Persons Under Investigation and Asymptomatic Close Contacts of Confirmed Cases
- Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 in Healthcare Settings
- Interim Clinical Guidance for Management of Patients with Confirmed Coronavirus Disease
- Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of PPE
- Home Health Telehealth for Face to Face Guidance
- CMS Medicaid FAQs (updated 3/18)
- Home Health Agencies
- Hospice Agencies
- Nursing Homes (REVISED)
- Use of Certain Industrial Respirators by Health Care Personnel
- Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) COVID-19 Test Pricing (PDF)
- Guidance to help Medicare Advantage and Part D Plans Respond to COVID-19 (PDF)
- WHO: Mental Health and Psychosocial Considerations During COVID-19 Outbreak
- WHO: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) technical guidance
Coronavirus Training for Caregivers from Home Care Pulse
- Here's the intro from that page as a start for you:
Worldwide (as of March 11, 2020) more than 120,000 people have become infected by a new strain of coronavirus, known as COVID-19. The World Health Organization has officially declared it a global pandemic. Use this training to educate your caregivers on how they can stay safe and keep those in their care safe as well.
This training will help your caregivers to:
- Describe the new coronavirus (COVID-19) and discuss where it came from.
- List the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Describe the infection control precautions that should be followed to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- List the steps to take if a client begins to show symptoms of coronavirus.
If you are interested in learning about Ankota's home care management software (including EVV, scheduling, billing, and payroll features), please feel free to contact us
Ankota provides software to improve the delivery of care outside the hospital, focusing on efficiency and care coordination. Ankota's primary focus is on Care Transitions for Readmission avoidance and on management of Private Duty non-medical home care. To learn more, please visit www.ankota.com or contact us.